Child FTP accounts allow you to create FTP accounts that are restricted to a specific 'root' directory. For example, a user named 'marketing' could be created with only access to the /marketing folder. If the root directory is /, it creates an account with full FTP access but no web access.
To configure a Child FTP Account, click on Account Settings and then the FTP Child Accounts submenu. The Child FTP account configuration screen, illustrated below, is displayed. Follow the steps below to configure a Child FTP Account.
- Click Add new FTP child. The Change Child FTP Settings screen, illustrated below, is displayed.
- Select Active from the Status drop down to make the Child Account active within the system.
- Enter your username in the Login field.
- Enter your password in the Password field. (Note: Your password must contain at least 6 characters, have at least one number and be no longer than 16 characters.)
- Re-enter your password in the Retype password field.
- Enter the path to the root location for the Child Account in the Root field.
- Click Save.